Things have been a little slow as I have been wrapping up one job and prepping for another (I will be joining Gallup Consulting next Monday). Hopefully, regular posting will resume in a little while. For now, enjoy some fresh linkage:
- Dan Ariely discusses flaws with focus groups.
- More on the power of the placebo effect–knowing one received actual medicine increased effectiveness versus the uncertainty that you may have received the placebo.
- Nearly one-third of assets under management at John Paulson’s hedge fund are now denominated in gold instead of dollars. This includes his personal investments.
- The only World Cup Schedule you will need.
- BP’s reaction to other spills.
- Rory Sutherland’s entertaining take on how to solve big problems with little solutions.